ABOUT BALDWIN LOFTS
Located in downtown Durham, at 109 W. Main Street, Baldwin Lofts is a 13-unit, mixed-use condominium (residential & commercial) located in what was once Durham’s premier department store (Baldwin’s), built in 1927.
The “Baldwin Building” contains 12 residential condos on floors 2, 3 and 4, and the ground floor’s 5,500 s.f. commercial space is home to COPA, a new restaurant by the owners of Durham’s Old Havana Sandwich Shop.
The building’s lofts range in size from 668 to 1,296 sq ft and amenities include the following:
- Rooftop patio with views of the American Tobacco district, Durham Bulls baseball stadium and Durham Performing Arts Center
- Attractive common areas with contemporary paint and lighting
- Security-coded entrances (front and rear) and elevator
- External door intercom system
- Landmark historic status for the building equals a 50% reduction in property taxes for condo owners
- Easy access to Duke University, NC Central University, RDU airport, Highway 147, I-85 and I-40.
- Spaces are currently available in the Lot 20 surface lot, owned and operated by the city of Durham. This gated parking lot is located at the rear entrance of the Baldwin Building.
- Covered parking is available for hourly, daily and monthly rental in two nearby city parking decks
- Parking is not deeded with the residential condos.
- The association is currently led by a 3-person board of directors. For meeting times and dates, please contact the community’s property manager, Ted Parenti.
- HOA dues include water/sewer
- As of January, 2018, monthly association dues are $300.20 per share, with a working capital fee of 3 shares.
- The total gross square footage of the Baldwin Building is 25,114, thus making the total percentage of commercial space 21.9% and residential space 78.1%.